NAPOLEONIC BATTERY

Gavarda, Valencia



Napoleonic Battery


The Napoleonic Battery is a defensive military construction located in the upper part of the town between Gavarda and Alberic. This defensive fort was built by the French army in the War of Independence. It has a square plant with circular turrets in each one of the corners finished off by battlements. 


It is a structure of masonry and tile on the rock of the land. Its plan is square, with semicircular turrets on the sides, with buttresses 0.95 m. high and 0.62 m. wide at the base and 0.30 m. at the top. The average width of the walls is 0.60 m.


 


 

ADDRESS
46260
Gavarda, Valencia
CONTACT
Vicente Mompó
962594165
ajuntament@gavarda.es
PERIOD
XVIII
CATEGORIES
Fortifications Ruins Historical heritage
MORE INFO
ACCESS: Unrestricted from 30th Street.
PARKING: Street 30, nº20 for cars.
NOISE: Distant traffic from the A7 motorway.
AVAILABILITY: Always available.




RELATED LOCATIONS



Napoleonic Battery

The Napoleonic Battery is a defensive military construction located in the upper part of the town between...

 
King's Bridge

Built in 1796, it was the first attempt to build a road over the river Júcar. Located to the left...

 
Iron bridge

The Iron Bridge of the Xúquer (Pont de ferro del Xúquer) was built at the beginning of the...

 











FILM VALÈNCIA